Thursday, July 2, 2015

A New Beginning

I did it. Last September, I moved out to DC and each day brings me closer to that life I want to live. I miss my family and the comfort of LA but nothing excites me like discovering a new city and building a new life. I'm inexplicably drawn to change and new experiences. It all adds to what life is about. I still don't know where I'm head but it's warmer in the direction I'm going. I want to lead such a full life, soak up it all up and embrace each and every moment that is given to me. I want to feel alive by living


dear new home, you are what I've been searching for all of these months. Perfect house, perfect neighborhood. It's nice to finally be together.

dear summer, how is it that you're already here? After such an amazing winter, I had high expectations for you and you've been living up to them with camping trips and nights on the town.


dear rain, nice to see you again. There's something wonderful about being unexpectedly caught in a warm rain storm. Unless it was the biggest one since 2012 and you're trying to move in the middle of it.

dear frozen pizza, I've been relying on you a little too heavily recently. Please release me from your hold. I'm looking at you, Hot Pockets.

dear car, it was great of you to join my boyfriend's life. What a feeling to drive through the city with the top down!

dear parents, thank you for planning a 3-week trip to Romania. Although I'll be missing everything about this city and the people here, I'm couldn't be more excited to get out to explore again. Here's to some of that good ol' family bonding.

"Our hearts are like firestones. When they strike, we feel the love. Sparks will fly, ignite our bones. When they strike, we light up the world. "

*format inspired by Well Traveled Wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment